Stocks to watch next week By Seeking Alpha
- Key events are scheduled for the companies listed below next week.
- Notable earnings reports: Retailers dominate the list this week, led by Target (NYSE:) on August 16 and Wal-Mart (NYSE:) on August 17. Also reporting are Coach (NYSE:), Dick’s Sporting Goods (NYSE:) on August 14; Urban Outfitters (NASDAQ:), Home Depot (NYSE:) on August 15; Cisco (NASDAQ:), L Brands (NYSE:) on August 16; Alibaba (NYSE:), Gap (NYSE:) on August 17; Foot Locker (NYSE:), Deere (NYSE:) on August 18.
- Expected IPO filings: Capitol Investment Corp. (Pending:CIC.U).
- Go-shop expiration: Rocket Fuel (NASDAQ:) for the Vector deal.
- IPO quiet period expirations: Calyxt (Pending:) on August 14, Kala Pharmaceuticals (Pending:) on August 14; PetIQ (Pending:) on August 15.
- Secondary offering lockup expirations: Bluebird Bio (NASDAQ:), Carrizo Oil & Gas (NASDAQ:), Ziopharm Oncology (NASDAQ:), Loco Oncology (NASDAQ:) on August 14; Five Oaks Investment (NYSE:), Alcentra Capital (NASDAQ:) on August 15; Advance Disposal Services (NYSE:) on August 16; Halozyme Therapeutics (NASDAQ:), Indentiv (NASDAQ:), Harte Hanks (NYSE:) on August 17.
- Notable annual meeting: Pangaea Logistics (NASDAQ:) on August 14, Canadian Goose (NYSE:) on August 15, J.M. Smucker (NYSE:) on August 16.
- Special shareholder meetings: Care Capital Properties (NYSE:), FelCor Lodging (NYSE:), RLJ Lodging (NYSE:) on August 15; Rent-A-Center (NASDAQ:) on August 17, Albany Molecular Research (NASDAQ:) on August 18.
- Sales and revenue update: Charles Schwab (NYSE:) on August 14.
- Credit card charge-off reports: American Express (NYSE:), Bank of America (NYSE:), Citigroup (NYSE:), Capital One (NYSE:), Discover Financial (NYSE:), JPMorgan (NYSE:) and Synchrony Financial (NYSE:).
- Analyst/Investor day: Humana (NYSE:) on August 14; Equifax (NYSE:) on August 15; Progressive (NYSEARCA:), Unisys (NYSE:), IDEXX (NASDAQ:) on August 16; Rogers Corporation on August 17.
- Media watch: A week after the Disney (NYSE:)-Netflix bombshell, media heavyweights gather on August 15 at the Nomura Instinet Media & Telecom conference in NYC. Presenters include Akamai (NASDAQ:), AMC Networks (NYSE:), AT&T (NYSE:), CBS (NYSE:), Juniper Networks (NYSE:), Lions Gate (LGF.A, LGF.B), Sprint (NYSE:), Twenty-First Century Fox (NASDAQ:) and Verizon (NYSE:). Also of interest is a talk by NBA execs with sports a large streaming wildcard.
- FDA watch: Seattle Genetics (NASDAQ:) is expected to find out by August 20 if Adcetis has been accepted for review.
- Hedge fund watch: Pershing Square (NYSE:) will hold a webcast with investors on August 17.
- Barron’s mentions: The cover story warns on a 50% drop for Netflix (NASDAQ:), while 50% upside is seen for Volkswagen (OTCPK:) with breakup opportunities in the air. Microsoft (NASDAQ:) and General Dynamics (NYSE:) land very favorable write-ups. On the flip side, the huge drops from IPO duds Snap (NYSE:) and Blue Apron (NYSE:) catch some attention.
- Sources: EDGAR, Bloomberg, Nasdaq.com.
- Now read: Snap Continues To Snap
Fusion Media or anyone involved with Fusion Media will not accept any liability for loss or damage as a result of reliance on the information including data, quotes, charts and buy/sell signals contained within this website. Please be fully informed regarding the risks and costs associated with trading the financial markets, it is one of the riskiest investment forms possible.